Obama won. Obviously. Unless you have been living under a rock, you should already know this. I'm honestly not surprised. Dub-ya screwed up policy and the economy so badly, there was no way Republicans would have won. I know Republicans point the finger at Clinton stating that we had a downward slope under his leadership, but then again, wasn't he following, albeit somewhat loosely, under Daddy Bush's policy? Even I know that, and I don't really follow politics all that closely. Granted there is a huge difference between Republican and Democrat standing, but in the end, who is really to blame for all the screw ups? Poor leadership? Even poorer advisory boards? Money? Does it matter? I suppose to some it does.
I personally don't care who does the job, as long as they do it right. Given that our treasurey is billions of dollars in the negative, health insurance is so expensive that people can't afford to buy it and feed their families, the foreclosure rate on homes is historically at it's highest and the unemployment rate is the highest it (had) been since the 80's, I would have to say our former fearless leader was NOT up to the task at hand. Granted, Dub-ya managed to avoid another Depression, but just barely. However, if that's the best thing you can say about your term in office, you might be doing something wrong. Hopefully Barack's name will be remembered the same way Roosevelt's was: as a man with the plan that saved our nation's ass (World Wars not withstanding.)
To any and all who might be pissed that Obama won: let him have a go at being our President. It can't be any worse than the last 8 years.

No comments:
Post a Comment